Roasted eggs recipe



I love roasted eggs. In Mauritius here you get it in almost all Chinese restaurants and I`m always keen to try it out at new places. Last year, amongst the colleagues, we had decided to carry out a pot-luck. Each person had to bring something on which we could snack. One of my colleagues brought those eggs and since then I can say that we`re all very much hooked on it. Those roasted eggs have become a must-have of our snack-lunches.

So here we go with the recipe, that I was lucky enough to get from my colleague. As you will notice, I have not provided any measurement for the ingredients required. The thing with this recipe (and I honestly think that is what makes it so fabulous) is that the amount of ingredients used depends on your own taste.

Ingredients:
Hard-boiled eggs
Vegetable oil
Garlic
Salt and pepper
Cinnamon stick
Oyster sauce
Soya sauce
Wine (red or rose)

Method:
Boil the eggs and set aside.

In a skillet or pan heat the oil. Add the garlic and cinnamon to let them infuse the oil with their scent.
Add in the eggs and season with salt, pepper and chinese salt. Add in the oyster sauce and soya sauce until the colour seems adequate.
Last but not least, add the wine. In her note, Kaj mentioned that for the wine "the more, the merrier", so you might just let yourself go with the wine.
Let the alcohol evaporate and let the whole preparation cool together and tadaaaaa!


Comments